This includes (but not limited to):
-EMail Security (Anti-Spam / Anti-Spoofing)
-Web Security (Content Filtering / Access Control)
-Virtual Private Network (VPN)
How Does Endian Work?
Endian has created a product that allows some of the best open source projects to function seamlessly together and designed a platform that is easy to configure. Because of this, Endian offers this solution for a fraction of the price of similar enterprise products in the market.
Because Endian is an open-source project, the community version can be downloaded for free at http://www.endian.com/en/community/download/
What is the Result?
-No issues of appliances/software not "communicating"
-Less maintenance costs of multiple appliances
-Because used by community, issues are recognized and solved faster
-Single GUI can control many functions
What comes with the Enterprise Version?
The enterprise version (supported) has increased functionality:
- VLAN Support (802.1q)
- Auto Blacklist
- Group-based and time-based access control on Web Security (content filtering)
- Access to the Endian VPN client (one for Mac, Linux, and Windows)
- Endian Hotspot
- High Availability (Active/Standby)
- WAN Failover support for USB Broadband modems
- Policy-based routing (ability to carve up traffic at a granular level)
- Live log viewer
- Endian Network
- Updates (O/S, application, etc.)
How is the Enterprise Version Sold?
There are two options of purchasing this: Hardware solution or Software Solution.